Saturday, June 24, 2006

Gigbreakfastcoil

Last night I played a show at City Espresso near Blossom Hill Rd. and Chesbro, in South San Jose, in the 408. I liked it. I could see people following the lyrics, sometimes inquisitively, sometimes approvingly. Julia drove down just for the show, with a friend, which was all cool. The set consisted of newer material, such as "Little Bird (End of Your Songs)" and "I Believe It, It's True," along with some older stuff, such as "Retail Boy," and that song I wrote for Sam a long time ago, "The Storied Breaking and Hooking of Up."

Today I went to Jeffrey's Restaurant down on the south end of Gilroy. We had a surprise birthday breakfast for Trent. We bought him a bike, a pretty damn nice one. Rock hopper. I bought myself some "chicken fried steak" and biscuits w/ gravy. Greasy, but Tabasco makes up for everything like that. What is it about "small coffee cup, perpetual coffee, large tip" that some truckstop waitresses don't understand?

I also fixed my car today. Turned out to the coil on my distributer was burned out. I am out a whole $52.

No comments: