Thursday, March 04, 2010

Barberella Burger Ticket to Oregon

For the last two days I have been doing something I haven't done for years, or perhaps ever. For no immediately pressing reason, I got up this morning at 5:15, emptied the hot water heater on my neck (which doesn't take that long; I take shorter showers since I've been living on my own again) freshly pressed my slacks, had some quiet time, and headed out by 6:45. A coffee and a commute later, and I was at work by 7:15. Yesterday I left out the ironing and moved a little faster, and had arrived by 6:30. I am not a morning person, but I have been enjoying it so far, especially considering that it leaves me ample time for Bible in the morning, and since I get to work early, I can still be off in time for class after working a full eight-hour day. That's on class-days. The rest of the days I can have the afternoon to myself, if I keep this up.

Today I had to go to physical therapy for my back and neck, which are hurting from my epic car collision last Monday. So I worked from 7:15 to 10:15, had therapy from 10:30 to about 11:30, then went to the barber shop and then for a burger at the old Happy Hound in Los Gatos.



After work I came home and Peter dropped by and I gave him a haircut. Note to Self: cutting hair while trying to smoke a pipe is not effective. I gave him a great trim, and also found that the mail had brought my 1940's Timex Military watch I bought from a woman in Portugal on eBay. Take that, J. Crew pricing.



Having finished that I am going to Darian & Buffy's house to play Ticket to Ride with David A., who is in town from Alaska this week. I have to go right now. But I will mention that tonight I pack to fly tomorrow to Oregon, where I will be a groomsman in my lifelong friend Andrew H's wedding. Phenomenal good news sessions will be had this weekend by all.

Out.

No comments: