Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Anticipating Letters O'er The Pond

It appears I will have a pen pal from the UK. I don't know anything about the person. I must decide whether to use a pseudonym. I think I shall simply write as Gabe.


Also, I just simply love this illustration. The maps, the desks, the attractive and moderate style of the clothing, the striking colors and detail all draw the eye. But the character development, in the postures and the faces of the young man and the young woman, that ultimately what make it compelling. It's been sitting on my hard drive for a while, and I can't say where I got it, but it was most likely from Today's Inspiration.

4 comments:

Megan Spilker said...

Where did you find your pen pal? That is exciting :)

The illustration is just perfect. I love the colours & the earnest expressions on their faces.

Brutes In The Halls said...

"colours"

Brilliant.

Megan Spilker said...

I just can't help myself. Certain words without the "u" seem horribly inadequate.

Brutes In The Halls said...

Those kind of orthographic flourishes are a favourite of mine, but I am inconsistent about it.