Friday, April 18, 2008

I am MacGuyver

Friday, April 18, I locked my keys in the car while making a routine, work-related bank run. I came out of the bank, reached into my pocket for my keys, and then saw them sitting on the seat in my locked car. I tried to squeeze my forearm through the crack in the window but it just wasn't physically possible without causing injury to my forearm or elbow. I couldn't think of anything at first. I knew no one in my family has a key to my car right now, so I knew I was in trouble. I took stock. All I had was my clothes, credit cards and change. I needed to reach this latch:



And I needed to reach it through this gap in the window:



Then I realized I had a chance. I was wearing these shoes, which were luckily untied,



because that gave me an idea.



It only took a minute or two. And that is how I became MacGuyver. Congratulations, now you and the whole internet can better break into my car and steal my empty coffee cups.

2 comments:

Marcos Mateu said...

Nice one! it sounds like these were pretty long shoe laces.
I had the same happen to me (with all windows up to the top) in the middle of nowhere on the 5 in my way back to L.A. from S.F. Luckily enough I always carry another copy in my pocket just in case.
I have AAA and all that, but the sweaty feeling is always there no matter what.

Sam Wamsley said...

You're looking good Gabe.

Sam